Studying Media in Turkey
If you choose to study media at Turkish universities, you'll enjoy numerous advantages, such as having elite academics as your instructors and receiving education that ensures global standards of quality.
Media Studies in Turkey – Departments and Admission Requirements at Turkish Universities
- Duration of Media Studies in Turkey
- Language of Media Studies in Turkey
- Overview of Media Studies in Turkey
- Benefits of Studying Media in Turkey
- Curriculum for Media Studies in Turkey
- Career Opportunities After Graduation
- Specializations in Media Studies in Turkey
- Top Turkish Universities for Media Studies
- Government Universities for Media Studies
- Private Universities for Media Studies
- Cost of Studying Media in Private Turkish Universities
- Application Requirements for Media Studies in Turkey
- Application Requirements for Master’s and Ph.D. in Media Studies in Turkey
As It Deepens Your Skills in Various Fields, Such As:
- Practical and Theoretical Application in Cinema and Media.
- Graphic and Visual Design.
- New Media and Journalism.
- Digital Game Design.
- Communication Design.
- Visual Arts.
- And Many Evolving Media Sciences.
Advantages of Studying Media in Turkey
If you choose to study media at Turkish universities, you’ll enjoy numerous advantages, such as having elite academics as your instructors and receiving education that ensures global standards of quality.
During your studies, you’ll be trained to deliver professional work, including journalism tasks such as preparing reports, and you’ll continuously receive training on presentation and production skills at major media centers.
The curriculum covers topics like ethics, legal issues, and visual culture, blending an understanding of the communication process with film and television, contributing to success in the media field.
There are more advantages related to Turkey itself, not just in the field of media, such as:
– Low unemployment rates in Turkey.
– A promising future for the media industry in Turkey.
– Comparatively affordable tuition fees compared to European countries.
– Lower living costs compared to other countries.
The Course Content You Will Study in Media Studies in Turkey
- Writing and Oratory.
- Strategies for Communication with Individuals and Organizations.
- Strategies for Dealing with Social Media.
- Strategies for Dealing with Political Media.
- Strategies for Dealing with Organizational Media.
- Strategies for Dealing with Legal Media.
- Strategies for Dealing with Nonverbal Communication.
- Strategies for Dealing with Multimedia Presentations.
- Managing Different Media, Production, and Broadcasting Programs.
The content of the courses may vary from one university to another, but here are the core subjects:
First Academic Year:
- Photography Skills.
- Communication Strategies.
- Turkish Language and Literature.
- Arts and General Culture.
- Introduction to Advanced Media.
- Different Theories of Media and Communication.
Second Academic Year:
- Various Media Technologies.
- Modern Media Skills.
- Modern Media.
- Radio Journalism Department.
- Ethics of Digital Media Work.
- Computer Usage.
- Dealing with Various Modern Media.
Third Academic Year:
- Some Elective Courses.
- In-Depth Study in the Journalism Department.
Fourth Academic Year:
- Summer Internship.
- Graduation Project.
What Can You Do After Graduating from the Faculty of Media?
– Media planner.
– Ad copywriter.
– Public relations officer.
– Media market researcher.
– Social media consultant.
– Opportunities in cinema and theater.
– Social media manager.
– Broadcast producer.
– Media specialist.
– Work in traditional magazines.
– Work in digital magazines.
– Work in television stations.
– Work in news agencies, both online and social media.
– Work in film production and distribution roles.
Specializations in Media in Turkey:
– Modern Media.
– Public Relations.
– Radio and Television.
– Communication Design.
Best Turkish Universities for Studying Media:
- Bahçeşehir University.
- Istanbul aydın University.
- Yeditepe University.
- Bilgi University.
- Medipol University.
- Altinbaş University.
- Atlas University.
Best Turkish Public Universities for Studying Media:
- Ataturk University.
- Marmara University.
- Yildiz Technical University.
- Ankara University.
- Istanbul University.
- Hacettepe University.
Best Private Turkish Universities for Studying Media:
- Bahçeşehir University.
- Istanbul Bilgi University.
- Kadir Has University.
- Nisantasi University.
- Istanbul Istinye University.
- Istanbul Okan University.
- Beykent University.
Cost of Studying Media at Private Universities in Turkey:
The total cost can range from $3,000 to $8,000, and it may vary between universities and academic years.
Required Documents and Conditions for Applying to Media Programs in Turkey:
– High school diploma.
– Translated and notarized transcript of the final year’s grades in English or Turkish.
– Passport photo.
– Valid passport copy.
– Check with your university if they require passing the YÖS (Foreign Student Exam).
– If you’re studying in English, you may need to provide TOEFL, IELTS, or any language proficiency test required by your university.
– If studying in Turkish, you’ll need to provide a Turkish language proficiency certificate called “TOMER” at the C1 level.
Required Documents and Conditions for Applying to Master’s and Ph.D. Programs in Media in Turkey:
- A copy of the student’s valid passport, translated into Turkish and certified from the student’s original country.
- High school diploma.
- Academic transcript for the last year of study.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Recommendation letter if available.
- Copy of the Master’s degree certificate.
- Passport photo.
- If you graduated from a Turkish university, you’ll need an ALES certificate.
- You may need to provide a language proficiency certificate, and if not available, you may be required to take a language test at the university.
- Equivalency certificate for the bachelor’s degree, certified from Turkey.
- Medical certificate issued by the official authorities and certified from the student’s original country, translated into Turkish.
You can now apply for the scholarship of your choice from the various scholarships offered by “Alemni Shokran” website, which allows you to reduce the tuition fee by approximately 70% depending on your specialization and more.